CABANAS LAW FIRM, PLLC, San Antonio, Texas June 2007 – Present
- Criminal defense practice focused on state and federal litigation.
- Provide clients with representation in federal investigations prior to
any possible indictments.
- Transactional practice focused on cross-border commercial transactions,
business transactions, and government investigations regarding white-collar
crime, wire fraud, and embezzlement.
- Named as one of San Antonio’s best attorneys.
- Named as one of San Antonio’s top “Rising Stars in the Legal
- Included in the National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Lawyers in South Texas
DEMETRIO DUARTE, JR. & ASSOCIATES, P.C., San Antonio, Texas December 2006 – June 2007
- Litigation-practice focused on civil and criminal law in addition to drafting
real estate and title documents
ST. MARY’S UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW, San Antonio, Texas August 2003 – May 2006
- Juris Doctorate May 2006
- Order of the Barristers – Advocacy National Honor Society – member
- External Advocacy Program (EAP), moot-court team member and undefeated
BAYLOR UNIVERSITY, Waco, Texas August 1998 – December 2002
- Bachelor of Business Administration; Double Major in Economics and International Business
- Omicron Delta Epsilon (ODE) – International Honor Society in Economics
- Baylor University Dean’s List
ORGANIZATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
Texas Young Lawyers’ Association: Vice-President 2011-2012, Chair
2011-2012, Chair-Elect 2010-2011, 2008-2009 Outstanding Director of the
Year Award, 2007-2008 President’s Award of Merit, Director 2008
– 2010, Long-range planning committee member; St. Mary’s Hispanic
Law Alumni: President 2009-2010, Vice-President 2007 – 2008, St.
Mary’s Law Alumni Board 2009-2010; San Antonio Young Lawyers Association:
Director 2008 - 2010; Baylor Young Alumni of San Antonio; State Bar College:
Board Member; Hispanic Issues Section State Bar: Board Member.
Vice-Chair for the 2009 National Trial Competition; Co-Producer
Navigating the Legal Process after Surviving Domestic Abuse; Co-Producer
VoteAmerica: Honor the fight, exercise your right!; Contributing Editor,
Texas Lawyers’ Professional Ethics, TYLA/Texas Bar Books (2007); Spanish translator and co-producer for TYLA projects
The Little Voice; Healing the Wounds:
Navigating the Legal Process after Surviving Domestic Abuse;
Kids in the Crossfire;
Cancer Guide; and
Loan Modification Programs; RAICES Pro-Bono Attorney; and Volunteer at Battered Women’s Shelter.
Foreign languages (Spanish and Italian); Baylor Sports; Mountain-biking;
Weightlifting; Soccer and Outdoor Activities.