San Antonio White Collar Crimes Attorney
A white collar crime typically involves an individual, business, or group of people illegally procuring money or assets. Often referred to as financial crimes, these cases are much different than violent offenses and require specialized legal knowledge. If you’ve been charged with a white collar crime, it’s important you hire an experienced criminal defense attorney, even if an investigation hasn’t yet resulted in official charges.
At the Cabanas Law Firm, we’ve been providing knowledgeable criminal representation to the citizens of San Antonio since 2007. Our legal team understands the complexity of white collar crimes and can form an effective defense strategy geared towards protecting your rights. We also defend businesses that have been charged with a wide variety of white collar crimes. Contact us today at (210) 446-4090.
Types of White Collar Crimes
Many times, the authorities will conduct a thorough investigation before formal white collar crime charges are made. These investigations can involve pitting members of a group or business against each other while gathering evidence of the crime. In some cases, the authorities violate the rights of the accused in the process.
At the Cabanas Law Firm, we understand that defending against a white collar crime requires a custom-tailored defense strategy. We provide fierce representation for those charged with or being investigated for the following crimes:
- Federal white collar crimes
- Organized criminal activity
- Bank or wire fraud
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Asset forfeiture
- International crimes
It’s important you contact a white collar crime lawyer the second you find out you’re being investigated. Don’t wait until formal charges have been made.
Experienced Defense Against White Collar Crimes
In addition to hiring an attorney who has experience handling white collar crimes, you also need someone who’s familiar with federal court proceedings. At the Cabanas Law Firm, we have an intimate knowledge of both state and federal laws surrounding white collar crimes and can build an effective defense strategy based on the details of your case. Some common defenses include:
- Entrapment – Sometimes law enforcement agencies go undercover when investigating a white collar crime. However, if an agent influenced you to commit a crime you wouldn’t have otherwise committed, it’s considered entrapment.
- Lack of intent – The prosecutor in many white collar crime cases must prove criminal intent. If you were charged with a crime because you unintentionally made a mistake, there’s a chance the charges could be reduced or dropped.
- Duress – If someone else forced you to commit the crime, it may be argued that you acted out of duress.
- Incapacity – This defense can be used if you lacked the mental or physical capacity to fully understand the crime you were committing.
It’s our goal to create the best defense strategy possible for your case. If your rights were violated during the investigation, we’re not afraid to fight in front of a judge and jury. We’ll also negotiate on your behalf if a plea bargain is the best approach. Our legal team has the experience and resources necessary to create a strong defense on your behalf.
Contact a White Collar Crime Lawyer in San Antonio, TX
If you’re under investigation or facing charges related to a white collar crime in San Antonio, you need the very best criminal law representation possible. This means working with an attorney who has an intimate knowledge of white collar crimes and who isn’t afraid to stand up for your rights.
At the Cabanas Law Firm, we believe everyone is innocent until proven guilty. We’ll build a unique defense strategy geared towards securing the most favorable outcome possible. Contact us at (210) 446-4090 to schedule a consultation.