The Texas criminal justice system is extremely hard on perpetrators of violent crimes, especially homicide. This is viewed as one of the most unforgivable crimes, which means if you've been charged, you could face extensive prison time. In fact, a capital murder conviction could lead to a life sentence.
Regardless of the type of homicide crime you've been arrested and charged with, one thing is certain – you need a highly skilled criminal defense attorney in your corner. At the Cabanas Law Firm, we've been providing tough criminal law representation in San Antonio since 2007. Our legal team understands the severity of a homicide charge and will work hard to examine every detail of your case and build the best defense strategy possible. Contact us at (210) 446-4090 today.
Types of Homicide Crimes in Texas
There are four primary categories of homicide in Texas. These include criminally negligent homicide, manslaughter, murder, and capital murder. Each carries different punishments if convicted. The defense we'll build for your case highly depends on the type of crime you've been charged with and the details surrounding your case. Some common homicide charges include:
- Intoxication manslaughter
- Conspiracy to commit murder
- Vehicular homicide
- Felony murder (first, second, or third-degree)
- Voluntary manslaughter
- Involuntary manslaughter
- Capital murder
Each of these charges is very serious and can result in incarceration and large fines. You need an attorney who understands how the criminal justice system works in Texas and who can investigate your case and look for discrepancies. At the Cabanas Law Firm, we have the expertise and resources needed to do just that. We'll work as hard as we can to ensure your rights are protected and that you get a fair trial.
How We Can Help Your Homicide Case
When you work with the Cabanas Law Firm, we'll start investigating your case right away. If you were falsely accused or there were procedural mistakes made during your arrest, we'll fight to have the charges dropped. Some possible defenses for a homicide charge include:
- Self-defense – If you were arrested for homicide while defending yourself, it may be possible to have the charges reduced or dropped.
- Protection of property – If you committed homicide while protecting your home from a violent intruder, you may have been acting within your legal rights under Texas law.
- Lack of intent – Proving you acted without the intention to commit murder or that the homicide was an accident can result in a reduction of the charges.
- The prevention of a crime – If the homicide occurred while you were attempting to stop another crime from happening, your charges could be reduced.
It's our goal to build the best defense we see fit for your case and guide you through the legal process. If we feel a plea bargain is your best option, we'll provide you with sound legal advice and negotiate on your behalf. Achieving the most favorable outcome possible is our mission.
Contact a Skilled San Antonio Homicide Lawyer
If you've been charged with homicide, there's a good chance you've lost all hope. These are serious charges that carry stiff penalties. At the Cabanas Law Firm, we believe everyone is innocent until proven guilty. We'll work as hard as we can to protect your rights and build the strongest defense possible for your case. Contact us today at (210) 446-4090 to set up a consultation.
Contact Our Firm