San Antonio Criminal Defense Attorney
If you’ve been arrested and charged with a crime, there’s a good chance you’re feeling stressed, afraid, and confused about where to turn. A criminal charge can have a huge impact on your short and long-term future. Depending on the severity of the crime, you could be facing jail time, probation, and large fines. A blemish on record could also lead to loss of employment, damage to your relationships, and financial insecurity. Fortunately, you’re not alone.
At the Cabanas Law Firm, we’ve been providing highly-skilled criminal defense representation in the San Antonio area since 2007. We understand the complexity of the criminal justice system and will use our knowledge, resources, and hands-on experience to craft the best legal approach for your case. Professionalism is a primary focus for us. We make it a point to keep you informed during every step of the process. For tough criminal defense in San Antonio, contact the Cabanas Law Firm at (210) 446-4090.
Representation for a Wide Range of Crimes
No two criminal law cases are exactly alike. Each one requires an intimate knowledge of the laws surrounding the specific crime, the potential penalties, and how the case moves through the court system. At the Cabanas Law Firm, we have the expertise needed to effectively represent clients facing a wide range of crimes. We provide criminal defense in San Antonio for individuals charged with:
- Felony Offenses – In the state of Texas, felony charges carry severe penalties, including fines reaching the hundreds of thousands of dollars and prison time. You need an experienced criminal law attorney in your corner to help defend you against false accusations or negotiate for lighter sentencing.
- Drug Crimes – Regardless of whether you’re facing a charge of possession, manufacturing, or trafficking, we can provide an appropriate defense. A drug charge leaves an unfavorable stain on your record. Let us guide you to a positive outcome so you can move on with your life.
- Violent crimes – Getting charged with a violent crime like homicide, assault, or a sex crime can land you behind bars and severely damage your reputation. It’s crucial you hire a tough criminal defense attorney who’s not afraid to fight for you in front of a judge and jury.
- Gun crimes – Possession of an illegal firearm, unlawful carrying of a gun, or brandishing a firearm are all serious charges. We understand the guns laws in Texas and can help protect your rights, regardless of the charge you’re up against.
- DUI/DWI – A drunk driving charge carries harsh penalties that can make life very hard for you and your family. These cases require a focused knowledge of DUI laws and procedures. We have years of experience defending individuals who were arrested for driving while intoxicated.
- White-collar crimes – If you’ve been charged with bank fraud, a federal crime, organized criminal activity, or another white-collar crime, you need an attorney with specialized knowledge. We’ll investigate your case and form a unique defense approach that suits you.
When you work with us, we’ll provide tough representation to either reduce the extent of the penalties or have the charges dropped altogether. Our team will closely examine every detail of your case to construct the best defense possible and ensure your rights aren’t being violated. We’ll fight hard for you in and out of the courtroom to secure the best possible outcome.
What We Bring to Every Case
At the Cabanas Law Firm, we understand each criminal case requires a custom-tailored defense. We also understand that the events surrounding an arrest along with the details of a criminal charge aren’t always straightforward. When you retain our services, we’ll perform a thorough investigation into your case. If you feel your rights were violated by the police at the time of your arrest, we’ll use this evidence in court to seek acquittal.
In addition, if you were falsely accused of a crime, we’ll form a solid legal defense geared towards proving your innocence. For example, if you were charged with assault while defending yourself or someone else, we’ll fight hard to either have the charges dropped or reduced. As San Antonio criminal attorneys, we have the experience and legal knowledge to form dynamic defense strategies. We’ll also bring a high level of professionalism to your case while making it a point to keep you well-informed during each step.
We’re Not Afraid to Fight for You in Court
Some criminal defense lawyers try to convince their clients that taking a plea bargain is the better option. They do this to avoid having to go to court. While it’s true that a plea bargain is often the best course of action, sometimes the circumstances of the case warrant fighting for acquittal in front of a jury. These circumstances could include:
- Procedural violations made by arresting officers
- Unlawful search and seizure
- No probable cause for the arrest
- Lack of evidence
- Errors made by the police when creating the official criminal compliant
At the Cabanas Law Firm, we have years of experience investigating criminal cases. We’ll determine if your rights were violated or you were falsely accused. Then, we’ll form an aggressive defense plan to ensure your rights are protected. It’s our goal to have the charges dropped or reduced and we’re not afraid to fight hard on your behalf in a court of law. If we feel a plea bargain is the best approach, we’ll negotiate on your behalf.
Contact an Experienced San Antonio Criminal Lawyer
Being charged with a crime is a serious matter that could negatively impact your future. These matters shouldn’t be taken lightly. In addition, a criminal charge requires immediate attention. The longer you wait to secure legal representation, the harder it will be to get the charges dropped or reduced.
At the Cabanas Law Firm, we understand how much stress you’re under. We also believe everyone is innocent until proven guilty and deserves to have their rights protected in a court of law. If you need smart, tough criminal defense in San Antonio, we can help. Contact us today at (210) 446-4090 to set up a consultation.