- Posted In : General
- Posted By : Cabanas Law
Texas Business Formation Attorneys
Starting a business is an exciting venture that can have a huge impact on your future. However, there are a number of crucial steps to take before getting things off the ground. Inadequate financial planning and failing to protect your business from legal liabilities can lead to disaster down the road. The best way to avoid this is by working with an attorney skilled in business formation.
Cabanas has been helping individuals throughout Texas turn their entrepreneurial visions into realities. Our attorneys understand what measures a new business needs to take and can guide you through the formation process. We’ll provide peace of mind and take a lot of the workload off you so you can concentrate on your operation.
Helping with the Formation of Different Business Entities
One of the first things to consider when starting a business is what type of entity it will be. This may seem like a minor detail, but it makes a big difference to the startup process. The most common business entities in the state of Texas include :
- Sole proprietorship – This involves a single individual who operates the business and claims ownership of all assets.
- General partnership – Two or more individuals engaging in business under a partnership agreement.
- Limited partnership – In addition to the general partners, a limited partnership includes other partners who take on limited responsibilities.
- Limited liability partnership – This formation is like a general partnership, however, all the partners share the business responsibilities.
- Corporation – This is a sole legal entity owned and operated by shareholders and directors.
- Limited liability company – With characteristics of both corporations and partnerships, this type of entity includes a number of members who dictate its structure, tax formation, and management.
Regardless of the type of entity you’re starting, the attorneys at The Cromeens Law Firm, PLLC can help. We’ll evaluate your business plan and ensure all the proper documentation is completed and filed correctly.
Why Hiring Us is Your Best Move
Before proceeding with your startup, you need to involve an attorney in the formation process. When you hire us, we’ll help you decide which type of business entity is right for you. Each type of formation carries with it a number of tax requirements. These include federal, state, and city taxation. We can help you understand your tax responsibilities and work to get the proper documentation in place.
Our attorneys can also advise you on whether or not you’ll need any special permits or licenses to conduct business. This will depend on the type of product or service you’re selling. Finally, we’ll help you understand what your responsibilities are as an employer. There are a number of laws and regulations you’ll need to comply with. The last thing you want is to encounter legal issues right out of the gate.
Contact Our Attorneys for Business Formation Services
Patience is essential when starting a new business. Creating a solid foundation will ensure legal compliance and a sound business structure. At Cabanas Law we’ve dedicated much of our practice to business law and have an intimate understanding of what it takes to successfully form an organization.